The simplest thing to do is to keep snacks out of sight or reach from your desk. You could also try only having low calorie healthy things to chew on, such as miniature carrots if the desire is uncontrollable, mindful they still have calories. You can also try chewing sugarless gum, have a cup of tea or coffee (or other low to no calorie beverages), remembering to control anything you put in the drinks that may have calories. And finally, and probably our best solution would be to get on a good eating program that allows you to achieve the weight/bodyfat you desire. A proper eating program for weight control can divide your allowed calories into many meals so that you can “snack all day” (more frequent but small meals). We use meal replacement incorporated into daily meal plans with great success with the members of our health clubs and families. Therefore, below are your 3-options to use the dotFIT program to set and achieve your fitness/eating goals.
I also included a successful, simple and common weight loss supplement/meal replacement program that you can incorporate into your daily meal plans that will help control appetite, ease your journey and speed results while supporting lean body mass during weight loss.
Have a great day.
1. You can visit one of our licensed health clubs using the club finder http://www.dotfit.com/ClubFinder.aspx The expert fitness professionals in our licensed health clubs can give you direct service for all your fitness goals including nutrition needs (non-clinical).
2. Alternately, if a club visit or training session with one of our trainers is not a viable option, you can receive all your diet, supplement and health, fat loss or muscle gain needs online from the dotFIT program. Go to the dotFIT home page and log in (using the icon in far upper right corner) and you will come to this page: http://www.dotfit.com/new-user-register (You may just click this link for now). From there simply follow instructions creating your program and setting your goal. Here is a link to the program tutorials to help you navigate the program if necessary https://www.dotfit.com/program-vid-tutorials. The dotFIT program will give you the meal plan outline you may easily customize as desired, with the proper calories, protein, carbohydrates and fats to get started, track intake and monitor results. It will also give you your supplement recommendations and exactly how to use them (I placed one below you can easily use now). Every week when you enter your weight and/or bodyfat, the program will tell you what to do until you reach your goal including recreating menus as necessary. Once you create the program and get menus, you can go to our recipe section on the dotFIT website to get recipes with meal preparation instructions including meal replacement recipes: https://www.dotfit.com/learn/recipes. There is also a complete exercise program you can use to create the proper program to accomplish your goal – and again, just answer the simple questions and your exercise program will be created. However, if possible, we recommend one of our trainers to help you get started. On the dotFIT website you’ll also see a category called “Learn” where you will find many frequently asked questions and answers: https://www.dotfit.com/learn
3. Reply again to this email or call us at 877-436-8348 and we will put you together with one of our phone coaches.
Weight Loss/Maintenance & Health Supplement Program
• dotFIT Multivitamin & Mineral for your age and gender (ActiveMV, VeganMV, Women’s or Over50) https://www.dotfit.com/store/health
o Take as directed
• LeanMR https://www.dotfit.com/LeanMR-Chocolate and Vanilla
o Use as directed within daily meal planning (see below) and to make sure you get ~1gm of protein per pound of lean body mass (or weight if not overweight) daily from all sources divided 4-5 times daily
o Can also be used as a supplement to a meal or by itself (or mixed with desired supporting contents) to shore up total daily protein needs
• Super Calcium
o Use if you do not meet the daily needs of calcium (~1000-1200 mgs) from food intake https://www.dotfit.com/super-calcium (read all food labels for calcium content including dotFIT protein shakes)
- Females take 1 or 2 daily with meals; if you need to take 2, take one with AM meal and the 2nd with PM meal; Males take 1 only if necessary
• SuperOmega 3 https://www.dotfit.com/superomega3
o Take 1 daily with meal if not consuming 2-4 svgs/wk of fatty fish
Meal Replacement Integration
Weight loss phase:
• Meal Replacements (MRs) generally supply two small meals a day and allow freedom of choice from traditional foods for the remaining allotted foods/calories. Therefore, use as two small meals within any calorie restricted meal plan of 4-5 meals since it's been shown that frequent small meals are better for weight loss than fewer larger ones especially as it relates to satiety, preservation of lean body mass (LBM) and energy levels
o Get LeanMR recipes here: https://www.dotfit.com/category-cid-1868.html
• Continue to consume 4-5 small meals daily within caloric allotment that include 2 MRs for convenience and to help ensure overall diet quality while reducing food costs
You can go to our recipe section on the dotFIT website to get recipes with meal preparation instructions including meal replacement recipes: https://www.dotfit.com/learn/recipes